As we look back on 2014, we can't tell you how grateful we are for your support, feedback, and participation in the Sparkplug community. We had a huge year - our first of many to come - and we couldn't have done any of it without you.
A few highlights from 2014:
- The big one. We opened the Sparkplug marketplace, connecting musicians and harnessing our own naturally collaborative community to share instruments, gear, and space.
- We saw love in the press from Pollstar, Paste, Digital Music News, Fast Company, Modern Drummer Magazine, Guitar Player Magazine, and more.
- We partnered up with Communion Presents at CMJ, and also helped backline shows for emerging indie artists we love, including bands Motopony and Fractures.
- We opened services internationally, with local currency support, to Canada, the UK, Australia, New Zealand, all the Eurozone countries, and (by request!) Hungary.
- We created our quick-list service to make listing your items, gear, and space even easier. (Try it out by emailing photos of your item to firstname.lastname@example.org!)
We're pretty pumped for 2015. Here's a peek of things to come:
- We're launching a #SparkAustin campaign to grow listings in Austin so that our members' have plenty to choose from when planning their SXSW shows. (If you know anyone in the Austin area, send us their info or have them reach out to email@example.com. We'll be in Austin in January and would love to meet up in person and help out with listing!)
- As a resource for musicians at SXSW Music, we'll be on the ground at the festival to ensure our members' experience runs smoothly. You can also catch us at SXSW Interactive, where CEO Julia and COO/General Counsel Jennifer are speaking on a panel on Building Trust in Community Marketplaces.
- We'll be releasing our iOS mobile app, with Android following shortly thereafter. The app will allow you to manage rentals and communicate quickly with each other. It will also offer enhanced listing functionality, seamlessly integrating with your mobile device to make listing even easier.
Thanks again for being an early member of our community. We're so proud of the work we've done together this year and we can't wait for what's ahead. For now, we wish you a wonderful, abundantly creative new year!
Julia, Jennifer, Charlie & Jonathan
The Sparkplug team